Those wishing to get married in Goa will need a number of documents to complete the legal registration procedures.
The requirements are as follows:
- Minimum stay 2 weeks in Goa
- Original birth certificate (both need to be above 21 years of age)
- Return Airline Tickets
- If Single – No Impediment Certificate from the General Registrar Office (form 238)
- If Divorced – The Original Decree Absolute (minimum one year gap is required)
- In case of a widow / widower, the death certificate is required and any previous marriage certificate.
- If one of the party has changed their names by deed polls, proof is required. This must be stamped and signed by the solicitor.
- If one of the party is adopted, the adoption certificate is required.
- Details of at least 2 foreign witness and 2 local witnesses (above 21 years of age and not children of the couple.) (Local witnesses will be provided by us)
- All original documents need to be legalized by the foreign & Commonwealth Office, London.
The legal wedding registration certificate will be register posted and sent across to the couple at their given address in 30-40 working days.
(Kindly note that the price for legal wedding is excluded from the wedding packages)